Test: 8 part herringbone braid start for whip cores
- 3mm Tandy Leather Superior calf. Strands quantity 4, each 36″ folded in half for 18″ lengths with 8 strands around the key ring
- Started test with an Instructable.com found here.
- Gives back 12″, with 2″ left over and a bit more on other side
- Time spent about an hour 10 minutes with several interruptions, about an hour braiding.
- Still getting the spiraling in the braid as the squareness rotates down to the bottom before I feed it into itself as the handle.
Finished braiding, but not feeding it into itself to create a handle loop…
Feel free to drop hints for me – I’m still trying to get this without a core … just to see how it feels 🙂