Pouring over some how to build your business articles. Some verge on repetitive, but there are many different points of view. Some take aways …
- The know your audience and what they value is a pretty big first step, one article said that you should know the way to reach whomever you want and that in the metropolitan regions, there are social groups that organize around just about everything.
- I like when one said that advertising in ads/commercials/etc is just one smaller part of marketing. They state that the more local you get the, easier to advertise meaningfully. Though, there are several inventive ways to get your advertising for free.
- AS the next publication period approaches, if they have empty space, many publishers will discount their ad space.
- One article stated that you should always question the method of the advertiser if you are paying for it, to ensure you will actually hit the area you need/want.
- Your advertiser if a company will often have good insights on their audience that they will provide for free to get you purchasing ads from them.
Get online: facebook, yelp, google place/market/plus, twitter, have a signature on emails
Upload to free online directories, create listings
Good business deal listing
Work a charity event or make one
Word of mouth with deals or freebies or referals get some
Team up with businesses that do complimentary things
Host seminars, workshops etc
Offering advice via blogs
Memorable phone number that does words related to your business
Setup an amazon/ebay/etsy/shopify/overstock seller account, to drive business to your webpage … though in reading more, I see that some of these companies forbid linking back to your website.
From the web …
- Link to Low cost advertising directory
- Link to Inexpensive ways to advertise a small business
- Link to Amazon is great advertising, but also a competitor!